Been playing around with 3D stuff 🙂
I found out Jim can get access to a laser cutter so I fancied making a little something a bit eldar like and more importantly blocks line of sight.
It is a very simple idea this one and hope it works out.
Should stand around 208 mm high.
Might try casting some gems to put on there as well but have to see how big it comes out first 🙂
If other people have ideas for stuff then please post here and I will see what I can come up with 🙂
And a big thanks to Jim
well time for some corsairs at long last.
been a long time but got round to a design and Technic that lets me kind of mass produce the main parts i need to do.
first up we got the wing designs, there has been a progression as i learn more things and i now have a flat top wings design that allows me to use a open mold and this speeds things up a lot more and less chance of air bubbles.
just port it in and scrape the excess resin off the top to make it flat.
next up we have some images of the test corsair. i have gone for the multi-wings as i was inspired by someones wonderful conversion i saw in YouTube.
the head is from a dark eldar jetbike and the back is a modified dark eldar warrior heavy weapon pack.
anyway i hope you enjoy this little preview. still lots of stuff to do like stripping all the old plastic mins.
Hello one and all.
It appears we have a tie for first place with both Sam and Adam getting 2 votes each and Alfie coming in second with 1.
You all did a grate job and I would like to thank you for taking the time to take part and using the site.
I will do more such events this year but maybe theme the next one.
painting competitions are a grate way to get motivated to paint that minature you been meaning to but never quite got round to.
I hope we can build on this event to get more people for the next and each of the finalists fro. This one will get a BRGA painting certificate with there place.
Thanks again chaps and I think each of you did a grate job on your entries 🙂
You must be logged in to see this post.
That is right chaps last few hours to enter the painting comp. We only have two finalists at the moment with Adam and Alfie (I am not in the running for this). So post by and of day if you can please 🙂
I actually finished painting him 2 weeks ago (the same day I entered) but I couldn’t find my basing stuff, I finally found it yesterday and now he’s finished.
I’m very happy with how he came out (yes that is my colour scheme), as I don’t get a lot of time to paint I don’t do many coats. I started with a black base layer, then I painted the cape before glueing his torso and legs together, then I painted the red on the right side, I start with a darker one then the bright red as I found it looks better that way. Then the blue on the left, the green and gold followed. This is the first model that I tried the metallic wrists and calves on (I love the look of it), then did the scythe and added a wash in places. There is more detail than in the pictures but I couldn’t get better ones and keep the light.
It’s late, but she was just such a joy to paint I made a push to get her done.
Overall, there are several things that aren’t perfect, but I suppose you will never get perfection. I like the colour scheme I ended up with, the biggest issue was getting a skin tone I was happy with. This was also really the first attempt at wet blending on the corset, which I think went quite well.
There may be a bit of tidying up or minor highlights to come, but this is essentially it.
It was fun trying to paint to a schedule that wasnt about getting it on the table to play, so thanks to Alex for organising all this.